Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Playing For Keeps

For those of you who keep up with my movie review on www.christianfictiononlinemagazine.com, you might be wondering why I'm featuring a film here on my blog. Well, at a recent outing to the dollar theater, my husband and I took a chance on this little movie and were pleasantly surprised. While I didn't feel compelled to write a full-blown review, I do want to recommend it as a nice date flick for adults looking for clean entertainment. It does start out very slow, and sort of loses its way half-way through, but the last half makes up for everything--that and Gerard Butler, who is super cute.

For those of you going through a divorce or marital trouble and think there is no hope for reconciliation, this movie does a nice job of presenting a scenario where love wins out, despite the obstacles. I loved Jessica Biel's performance. She is a really good actress who was willing to play the whole movie without makeup. That takes guts when you're sharing the screen with Catherine Zeta-Jones and Uma Thurman, both of whom have been well-preserved.

Enjoy a night out with your spouse or significant other and stay in your seat till the very end--you won't be disappointed.

No comments: