Monday, January 23, 2012

Art Ministry


Last night, the Kingdom Principles Writers' Group met at Veronica's to have a night of creativity with the Lord. We had no idea how it would go, we just knew we wanted to get together and do something creative, other than write. Veronica loves art, as do the rest of us, so our idea was to eat and have some fellowship while working on art projects. Veronica's condo is like a mini Michael's, so there was much to choose from. We had a great time talking about the Word, listening to wonderful praise and worship music, and being creative. This is what I created, and I was very pleased! I haven't done anything on canvas since my middle school days, so I was glad I was in a safe environment where I could be free to allow the Spirit to move. Veronica found this necklace for me in the Bahamas, so it became the focal point of the picture. Brooke was my model, and I ended up with a lovely woman who is basking in the wonderful, glorious glow of her loving Savior. We had such a great time that we plan on inviting others and doing it at least once a month. Veronica tells me it is a ministry calling for her, and I would certainly agree. Art ministry - you should try it.


No comments: