Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Goodreads Review - Life is Short, I Wish I Was Taller

Caroline Friday's Reviews > Life Is Short, I Wish I Was Taller

 
by 
2244776
's review
Nov 05, 13  ·  edit

Read in October, 2013

This is the cutest, funniest book that had me hee hawing under the covers in the wee hours of the night while my husband tried to sleep! Really, it is a collection of columns written by a modern-day Southern belle who gives the reader a slice of eastern North Carolina life. It wasn't that the details of the stories were necessarily hilarious, it was the voice they were written in that won me over. The author writes in a giggly, zany fashion that works on the emotions from down deep. I found that as I read, the laughter bubbled up from somewhere inside and just came spewing out. Since I am a fellow Southerner, I could appreciate many of the scenarios and life-observations and felt like I had been whisked back to my girlhood home. While I don't know the author personally, we are from the same home town, so I could relate to many of the settings. Basically, a good book for the soul!

No comments: