Sunday, May 19, 2013

Rest In Me


I'm reposting this from my other blog, neighborhoodbiblestudy.blogspot.com, because it is so powerful and thought all my friends might enjoy.

Here is the original post:

This is a lovely poem written by my dear friend, which she received from the Lord while praying. I feel like this has come from the heart of King Solomon when he wrote Song of Songs - an intimate look at the Savior's passionate love for the church.

My Beautiful Bride,

You are the one that I love the most. I love you more than anything in the world.

I was there the day you were born. I suffered with you when you were so hurt. Things were spoken over you, and I mourned.

But when you found me, I rejoiced. My beautiful lover that was lost has been found!. I can finally take my bride home.

Your beauty overwhelms me -- creator of the universe bows to you in love. I have held you in my arms and danced with you, kissed you, been intimate with you, let you cry. I have gently placed my hand over your heart and healed it, restored it, and held it.

I have breathed my own creatures into your womb, of whom I love as much as I love you, and of whom I have great plans for.

My love, do not fret and do not fear. I am your guide, your strength, your protection, your provision. I am Lord and I am God. And you, my sweet bride, are mine. I ran to the cross for you - RAN.  My intense love for you wasn't satisfied until you were back in my embrace.

As I wrap my arms around you, do not look around, but look up to Me. I am all that you need and I am right here.

Nothing can separate us. Lean into my chest and believe that my love has done the work.

I am the everlasting God, and my work is complete.  Rest in Me.

No comments: