Saturday, November 7, 2015

A House Divided - UK vs UGA

Today we had two of our children's schools go head to head on the collegiate football field - in Athens, the UGA bulldogs hosted the UK wildcats. Georgia won, but Kentucky did get some points on the board. Even though I would've liked to have seen more points, I was glad Mark Richt got a victory - he needed it. I know Rachel forgives me! She was busy celebrating Cameron's birthday, so I think she was oblivious to her team's loss.  

Sadly, FSU didn't prevail against Clemson in Death Valley, BUT...the Tarheels did beat Duke, which always makes me happy!

Athens is such a great college town; we palled around with Alex and Anna and ate some great food, gorged on ice cream, and then took a long, night walk through campus. Just beautiful! We saw the Richard B Russell Special Library where Anna works and the new Terry buildings where Alex spends much of his time. All is good! Go Dawgs!

No comments: