Thursday, April 6, 2017

Girl's Weekend 2017 👭

It is interesting how the death of a childhood friend resurrects memories from the past, as well as longtime friendships that have grown stale.

When one reaches a certain age, the death of friends is inevitable, and sadly, this happened to me and my high school friend group in January of this year. But miraculously, my girlhood buds and I reconnected and something wonderful happened! A funeral was the impetus for the beginnings of a regular girls' outing which will surely be an annual event.

Amazingly, we grown up ladies with grown children (some of whom are married and/or are close to being engaged) got together for a long weekend at the beach and acted like a little group of college sorority sisters. We laughed, cried, told stories, compared fashion tips and antiwrinkle creams, and marveled that some of us still cook dinner every evening! Such a glorious time. Such deep love for dear friends who have known your heart since the time that you were a teen and before. What a happy time we had!

Here are some pics of me and my long lost sistas who have come back together and renewed our bonds! They have my back and I have theirs.

Cannot wait to get together again and have a good laugh! Thank you to the heavenly father for the blessed gift of friendship!




Update: June 2017 in Swansboro, NC

No comments: